If you follow us on Instagram, you may have seen that we are currently in Miami for an Internship. And from December 6th to December 10th, lot of events have been organised in Miami for Art Basel, and Guess What, the famous HypeBEAST Awards took place in Miami as well !
Of course, we were not invited and couldn’t assist, but we had the chance to go to the After Party ! If you want to know, the Party was lit, Virgil Abloh & Heron Preston were Dj-setting and the one & only Jaden Smith was the Surprise GUEST !
Anyway, HypeBEAST is the leader in the Men’s street culture. Head to their website hypebeast.com to enjoy their daily Fasion content. Every year since 2015, Hypebeast give awards to the best brands, the best collaborations and the best innovations that had a strong impact on the streetwear culture society.
5 Awards have been assigned:
1- BEST BRAND : BALENCIAGA
Balenciaga is the best Brand in 2017 according to HypeBEAST. Here are some of it’s 2017 achievements :
- Re-design its logo.
- Launching the Speed Trainer: Sock sneaker.
- Launching the Triple-S: Most demanded sneaker of the year.
Unfortunately, if you want to get one of them, it is today sold out everywhere. But you can still buy them from resellers…
2- BEST EMERGING BRAND : READYMADE
The Designer is the impressive Yuta Hosokawa. Here are some of its 2017 achievements :
- Clothes can be compared to Wearable Art.
- The customisation is a must on every piece, the success has been possible thanks to the attention to details.
- Reworking on Vintage Pieces gave the brand a strong difference in the Fashion industry.
- Famous Customers : Travis Scott, 21 Savage, Virgil Abloh, and many others.
- Collaborations with leading brands in the streetwear industry : BAPE, FEAR OF GOD, MAXFIELD LA.
3- BEST FOOTWEAR BRAND : NIKE
This year has been marked by collaborations in the sneaker industry :
- NikeLab x Virgil Abloh : « THE TEN ».
- NikeLab Air Vapor MAX x COMME des GARÇONS.
- NikeLab Air Force 1 x Off-White™ (by Virgil Abloh).
- NikeLab Air Force 1 x Roc-A-Fella (by Kareem “Biggs” Burke).
- NikeLab Air Force 1 x Hi Just Don (by Don “Don C” Crawley).
- NikeLab Air Force 1 x Travis Scott.
- NikeLab Air Force 1 x Acronym (by Errolson Hugh).
- NikeLab Air Jordan 4 X KAWS.
- NikeLab Air Humara x SUPREME.
- NikeLab Air More Uptempo x SUPREME.
- NikeLab Air More Uptempo x Off-White™.
- NikeLab Mars Yard 2.0 x Tom Sachs.
- NikeLab Air Max 97/1 hybrid x Sean Wotherspoon.
4- BEST RETAILER : MAXFIELD
MaxField LA won against all the online stores. Wanna know why, only by launching exclusive pop-up stores. And this exclusive character has made people going out from their nest. Here are some of MaxField’s 2017 achievement :
- Hosting Fear of God, Off-White™, Palm Angels, Enfants Riches Déprimés events in its Gallery transformed into a Shop.
- Bringing bands like Daft Punk o& Guns N’ Roses into its gallery events where brands and musicians announce their next collection / album.
- Joint Project : READYMADE x BAPE dropping in MaxField LA.
5- Best collaboration : Virgil Abloh x Nike
Abloh’s deconstruction of Nike’s best sneakers, of course, it wasn’t surprising, “The Ten” has made thousands of people trying to get them. Fortunately, some raffles took place in some cities giving the opportunity to the fans to cop them. Also, if you don’t already know, Abloh and Nike are working on more shoes for 2018…